Never have I had an experience that required me to go so far as to contact a corporate office, I am not one who cares to complain and typically find that a resolution can be found with those right in the office. However in this case I have been met with nothing but roadblocks.
I was very happy & excited when I moved in to the Flagstone last year and was planning to stay for quite some time. However I quickly learned there were many issues that over time has only gotten worse.
It goes beyond the employees in the office being rude and condescending, that I can easily overlook. Or the fact that this company boasts for “Redefining Green” and yet all the complex’s recycling bins have long since been removed. But the water to my unit, my building or the complex all together, is shut down on a regular basis. There have been far too many evenings I can’t give my daughter a bath and too many mornings there is no water for her to wash up for school. This has been beyond frustrating and after a year of this I about had enough.
Then in September the tree right outside my apartment was getting chopped down and no notice was given to me, so at 7am I hear chainsaws and thankfully stopped my daughter from going on the balcony to check it out because a large branch fell outside of where it should and was flung into my balcony smashing my planter (which the apartment manager acknowledged and reimbursed me for)….. that could have been my daughter it hit! She plays out there most mornings before school. I never had any notice this would be happening that I could prepare by removing my belongings or telling her not to go out there.
It addition to all of this the final straw is the construction work being done right now. It’s been going on for weeks now with no end in sight. Besides it being dirty and a horrible sight to come home to, it’s dangerous. I have attached some pictures I have taken with my camera showing OPEN 3-4 foot holes, there was NO ONE around, no construction workers, no employees, just an open hole in the ground and walking to my car I had to grab my daughter who tripped over a mound of dirt that covers half the sidewalk so she didn’t fall in! (I have a picture of that attached) I went to the office and basically got an eye roll from the woman who was in there and told to keep a better eye on her. This is beyond acceptable and I want out of my contract as soon as possible, this is not a safe or convenient place to live any longer.
My lease ends 12-10-16 and even though I had originally planned to stay these situations have caused me to surely change my mind. I sent in my cancellation notice on 10-25, which I understand falls just outside of the 60 day policy and even with the above mentioned issues the manager there is completely unwilling to work with me. I am asking the corporate office now, I simply want out of my lease when it was originally signed to end on December 10th and be done with this. I do not want to take these actions any farther but I am not willing to let this go if I am unable to move to more child appropriate living conditions at my originally designated terms, I’m certainly willing move out even sooner if that is an option without penalty.
I look forward to getting a resolution to this matter.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Staff in office
- Lies from property manager
- Unsafe conditions
You May Also Like
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "My rent has been increased $100 twice. I've never had apartment rehab (4 years) yet still pay current market price. Paint chips from faux finish. Billing always messed up...and they..."
- "They knew about the leaking roof and covered it up with paint. After I moved in, I found the leaking roof to be so significant. The ridge vent was to..."
- "I have had one experience with Geico, and it was like a chamber of horrors. I consider their profligate treatment of my then-330k mile car as irresponsible and reckless (sparing..."
- "Went to mcdonalds in Phoenix AZ 85040 and I was eating my food on my lunch break and I went to take the next *** and noticed this in my..."
- "1 of 2 dental implants fell out somehow..implants suppose to hold in my upper denture just came out......"
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."