Greystar - Worst living conditions

18 of 385 Greystar reviews

Never have I had an experience that required me to go so far as to contact a corporate office, I am not one who cares to complain and typically find that a resolution can be found with those right in the office. However in this case I have been met with nothing but roadblocks.

I was very happy & excited when I moved in to the Flagstone last year and was planning to stay for quite some time. However I quickly learned there were many issues that over time has only gotten worse.

It goes beyond the employees in the office being rude and condescending, that I can easily overlook. Or the fact that this company boasts for “Redefining Green” and yet all the complex’s recycling bins have long since been removed. But the water to my unit, my building or the complex all together, is shut down on a regular basis. There have been far too many evenings I can’t give my daughter a bath and too many mornings there is no water for her to wash up for school. This has been beyond frustrating and after a year of this I about had enough.

Then in September the tree right outside my apartment was getting chopped down and no notice was given to me, so at 7am I hear chainsaws and thankfully stopped my daughter from going on the balcony to check it out because a large branch fell outside of where it should and was flung into my balcony smashing my planter (which the apartment manager acknowledged and reimbursed me for)….. that could have been my daughter it hit! She plays out there most mornings before school. I never had any notice this would be happening that I could prepare by removing my belongings or telling her not to go out there.

It addition to all of this the final straw is the construction work being done right now. It’s been going on for weeks now with no end in sight. Besides it being dirty and a horrible sight to come home to, it’s dangerous. I have attached some pictures I have taken with my camera showing OPEN 3-4 foot holes, there was NO ONE around, no construction workers, no employees, just an open hole in the ground and walking to my car I had to grab my daughter who tripped over a mound of dirt that covers half the sidewalk so she didn’t fall in! (I have a picture of that attached) I went to the office and basically got an eye roll from the woman who was in there and told to keep a better eye on her. This is beyond acceptable and I want out of my contract as soon as possible, this is not a safe or convenient place to live any longer.

My lease ends 12-10-16 and even though I had originally planned to stay these situations have caused me to surely change my mind. I sent in my cancellation notice on 10-25, which I understand falls just outside of the 60 day policy and even with the above mentioned issues the manager there is completely unwilling to work with me. I am asking the corporate office now, I simply want out of my lease when it was originally signed to end on December 10th and be done with this. I do not want to take these actions any farther but I am not willing to let this go if I am unable to move to more child appropriate living conditions at my originally designated terms, I’m certainly willing move out even sooner if that is an option without penalty.

I look forward to getting a resolution to this matter.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Real Estate
review #945287 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Greystar? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 385 Greystar reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Greystar. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Greystar.
Filing a new complaint about
×