Greystar - Trash, trash, trash for $27 a month
Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure.$27 is half of my monthly internet bill.
Needless to say, the trash fee is a rip-off. If Greystar doesn't own the trash company who extorts the tenants on a monthly basis, I would be surprised. One would think that for $27 a month there wouldn't be bags of trash all around the property. One would think that for $27 a month someone would police the property to make sure tenants abide by the trash policy.
I don't know what happened to the old property manager, but Yolanda Burke our 6 month property manager seems unwilling or unable to address the situation in a timely manner. Maybe she doesn't understand this is a public health issue. Trash attracts rodents. Rodents bring disease.
I offered to walk the property with Yolanda Burke. I took her silence as a decline. There is no trash pick-up on Friday or Saturday nights. One bag of trash is supposed to be placed in a trash receptacle.
The receptacle is placed outside of the tenant's door. Dirty trash receptacles are supposed to be taken in by 9am by the tenant who put it out the previous night. Yes, trash receptacles are supposed to remain outside all night and then brought back inside. Where I'm from, we had trash cans inside the home and trash cans outside the home - we never had a trash can that was indoor/outdoor.
The concept seems very unsanitary. I choose to walk my trash to the trash compactor located at the back of the property. These pictures were all taken ONE Sunday morning - May 4, 2014. The pictures document trash and other hazards that are a violation of Greystar policy.
I don't know if this is Greystar wide, but at Remington Park in Houston - there is clearly a culture of "i don't give a ***". I've lived here 6 years. It wasn't always this way. The Soprano's-like waste management fee being extorted from the tenants is going on 2 years old.
Remington Park was a cleaner, more pleasant place to live before being extorted $27 for the pleasure of filth. I have 18 photos, but unfortunately I am limited to 10 for posting. The tally on my monthly loss is at $648 and counting. And this is not because I don't use the trash service.
It is because tenants are not using it properly and there is little to no enforcement worth mentioning as you can see.Garbage can be found all over the property.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Trash Policy
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00..."
- "I have witnessed the behavior of the property manager, Ms. Nichole Montgomery and her confrontation with other tenants in the community. I do not want to deal with a..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "The product I bought was the Tarkett Transcend AC622 Acacia Tamarin. Wow in the store looks great and very nice. Don’t be fooled it is the worst piece of material...."
- "After months of looking at the products being advertised on the Touch of Modern web page, I decided to give it a try. I became skeptical because after making..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."