Greystar - Trash, trash, trash for $27 a month
Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure.$27 is half of my monthly internet bill.
Needless to say, the trash fee is a rip-off. If Greystar doesn't own the trash company who extorts the tenants on a monthly basis, I would be surprised. One would think that for $27 a month there wouldn't be bags of trash all around the property. One would think that for $27 a month someone would police the property to make sure tenants abide by the trash policy.
I don't know what happened to the old property manager, but Yolanda Burke our 6 month property manager seems unwilling or unable to address the situation in a timely manner. Maybe she doesn't understand this is a public health issue. Trash attracts rodents. Rodents bring disease.
I offered to walk the property with Yolanda Burke. I took her silence as a decline. There is no trash pick-up on Friday or Saturday nights. One bag of trash is supposed to be placed in a trash receptacle.
The receptacle is placed outside of the tenant's door. Dirty trash receptacles are supposed to be taken in by 9am by the tenant who put it out the previous night. Yes, trash receptacles are supposed to remain outside all night and then brought back inside. Where I'm from, we had trash cans inside the home and trash cans outside the home - we never had a trash can that was indoor/outdoor.
The concept seems very unsanitary. I choose to walk my trash to the trash compactor located at the back of the property. These pictures were all taken ONE Sunday morning - May 4, 2014. The pictures document trash and other hazards that are a violation of Greystar policy.
I don't know if this is Greystar wide, but at Remington Park in Houston - there is clearly a culture of "i don't give a ***". I've lived here 6 years. It wasn't always this way. The Soprano's-like waste management fee being extorted from the tenants is going on 2 years old.
Remington Park was a cleaner, more pleasant place to live before being extorted $27 for the pleasure of filth. I have 18 photos, but unfortunately I am limited to 10 for posting. The tally on my monthly loss is at $648 and counting. And this is not because I don't use the trash service.
It is because tenants are not using it properly and there is little to no enforcement worth mentioning as you can see.Garbage can be found all over the property.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Trash Policy
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We discovered a mold infestation in our apartment on October 21st of this year. We had barely lived in the apartment for 2 months but had previously notified the office..."
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "THIS IS AN ACTUAL EMAIL SENT TO CORPORATE MANAGEMENT! THEY OFFERED ME $1000 TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE DEPLORABLE CONDITIONS...OBVIOUSLY i DID NOT ACCEPT! "We stated our intentions..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "Think carefully prior to spending your money online with this company. The dress I ordered online appeared to be a beautiful emerald green, yet the dress I received was..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "This is the 3rd time second time I received such bad service at 2808 N. Sam Houston Parkway location in Houston, Texas.The first time, I ordered a chicken sandwich, they..."