I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00 per month. In October, my base rent will increase to $1,744.00. This is a 20% increase, $290.00 per month.
I really love my apartment here, and have always paid my rent on time, I've had no issues with neighbors, and I love the view I have of the park.
After learning of the increase, I started to think back on my year at Alta Springs, and wanted to bring a few things to your attention.
1. My initial move in date was moved by management, 3 times, due to the apartment I reserved not ready for move in. Though this did cost me money, I patiently waited for this apartment, since my good friend lives in J-110, and I wanted this apartment, in this building.
2. In November of 2014, during the first real cold snap of the year, I went without heat for 5 days, due to the boiler not working in my building. Management brought me a space heater, but it did not keep my apartment above 40 degrees. It was freezing here. 3. After the "no heat" week, the boiler was semi-fixed, so the heat became unbearable for the next 4 weeks. They told me I could not touch my thermostat, due to the issue with the boiler, so it was above 80 degrees in my apartment for the next 4 weeks.
4. The elevator in my building gets "stuck" almost every other week, and on one Sunday morning, I was stuck in the elevator for 30 minutes, before the fire department came and had to take a crowbar to open the door.
5. In March of 2015, someone ran into the garage door in my building, and it was not repaired for 6 weeks. During this time, all of the people that did not pay for parking in the garage, were parking in the garage because they could. Some nights, I was unable to access MY garage space, because of this.
6. Someone broke into the storage units in my building, and all of my luggage that I stored in there was taken.
7. The pond fountain has not worked by my building since October, 2014, which has made this pond an excellent breeding ground for trash and mosquitoes.
8. The pool did not open until the middle of July, which is roughly half of the Colorado summer.
9. Just yesterday, 2 police vehicles were out in front, escorting a tenant moving his furniture out of building K.
10. There is a HUGE RV parked in front of building J, and it has been there for days.
11. In the green area across from the parking lot where I walk my dog, someone has pitched a tent.
So, my reason for sending you this letter, is to ask whether or not someone who rents a "luxury apartment" as the Alta Springs brochure states, should pay $1,744 for what I have had to endure while living here. It's not just about the inside of the apartment, it is also about the surroundings.
I strongly believe that I should be given some type of rent relief for a new lease. I would hope that you consider this, because I would rather not have to move out in October.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Product or service
- Greystar Properties Alta Springs Apartments
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "We just moved out from The Gates this month and received a bill in the mail CHARGING us $945.00 for painting, cleaning, blinds, trash removal, & pet seal. WE..."
- "1,600 rent to live in the ghetto. Don't let them fool you. They show you the 'Model' apt. On the nice side of the property. They will tell you..."
- "Chapel Hill Apartments in Lewisville, Tx. They are paying to remodel their nice office instead of fixing all of the broken amenities like our gates, fitness center, jacuzzis, pools,..."
- "I am still dealing with this company, they are garnishing my checks. My payments was $450.00 a month, I couldn't not afford to keep, they where not trying to..."
- "My daughter wanted Wen to see her "review". In case photo is not readable, it says: "Poison" "You broke my heart" "How would you feel?" "Me (picture) notice I did not draw hair" "Now..."
- "Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."