I had the pleasure (sarcasm strongly implied) of having Greystar take over management for my apartment complex, The Preston on the Miracle Mile in Los Angeles, after I had already been living in the complex under my current lease for about 6 months. There are renovations that have been months and months behind schedule that were residual from the last management company and their contractor, but now that Greystar has taken over, they have decided to plow through with the renovations, one of which is to completely tear out and refloor both our pool and jacuzzi in JUNE. So their brilliant decision making has left already very angry tenants without an entire pool area including grills, fire pits, and all of the lounging area for a bare minumum of HALF A MONTH in one of the peak summer months for using those facilities. We were given very little notice, finding out by email on FRIDAY May 29th at around 6pm that it would start MONDAY JUNE 1st. This was cleverly done so that we would only have weekend days before it began which made it nearly impossible to voice our outrage with the decision!!! They also renovated our gym and have left us without dumbbells which were in the old version, promising us for months they are coming (they have not). With the absolute lack of power they have given any of the people who actually are on property, we are left helpless to the management/ownership somewhere far far away. We get to continue to pay our high rent with little to bad communication, while they "improve" for future tenants down the road.
Greystar, it has not been a pleasure knowing you, and I will be more than happy when my lease is up in October to leave this property, and continue spreading the word to everyone I know about your company. This has absolutely been expressed multiple times to the management in the front office, but they are powerless to help, because your upper management/ownership is making the bad decisions with ZERO interest in the people currently paying and residing at the Preston.
I'm attaching current (JUNE 9th, 2015 to be exact) photos of the pool and jacuzzi which are drained with the floors all ground up and spray paint markings everywhere. All of this area is CLOSED!!!!
I'm not surprised your reviews seem bad overall. Good riddance to you when my lease is up.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Erased negative reviews from their past coming back to haunt the new year. Do not believe all their phone baloney reviews, pretty easy to see it's fiction when you start reading..."
- "I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00..."
- "THIS IS AN ACTUAL EMAIL SENT TO CORPORATE MANAGEMENT! THEY OFFERED ME $1000 TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE DEPLORABLE CONDITIONS...OBVIOUSLY i DID NOT ACCEPT! "We stated our intentions..."
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "I wrote this review back on Saturday, December 12th, 2015 and a lot of what I am going to say is a repeat, but there will be some updates as..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."