I've been living in my apartment now for little less then 2 months.When I first moved in, I worked so much that I basically came home just to sleep and then back to work the next morning.
It wasn't until I started spending more time in my apartment that I started noticing that my upstairs, and downstairs neighbors were extremely loud. I would hear everything from screaming, to dogs running back and forth, to even being woken up at 5 am by people running and jumping around. I was so upset that this is what was going on that I started complaining to management and conversed mainly through e-mail. My mother, who was staying with me, complained that when I would go to work during the day, she would hear these loud noises all day long.
We both walked downstairs and spoke with the property manager Tricia. She assured us that she would send letters to the neighbors and if the issue wasn't resolved, they would be evicted. Now 7 weeks in and countless e-mails back and forth between tricia and myself and the situation is still NOT resolved. Management blamed me and told me I was to "sensitive to noise".
I'm from NEW YORK, I know what noise is, and I know that your neighbors and management should have some sort of respect for others, especially with the amount of money that I pay for a 1 bedroom apartment. Having said that I think its best to move, as management has completely let me down. This is supposed to be "luxury living", and instead I moved into an apartment with dirty carpet, black buildup in my sinks, and loud neighbors who because they've lived here longer then I have, are now running the show. As I sit here at 10:45 pm, sleepy and angry as *** that I have to get up for work in a couple of hours and I can't sleep, my upstairs neighbors are banging and stomping around.
I've gone upstairs, knocked on their door, but they don't answer.
What else is a tenant to do, when not only management but your fellow neighbors have no consideration for others.
The picture attached is what my mom and I found in my sink drain shortly after I moved in.If you appreciate black hair mixed with god knows what coming up from the drain as your brushing your teeth, then feel free to live here!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- break my lease, and give me back my security deposit. 7 weeks living here is punishment enough
- Product or service
- Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The management in the office lie to you about anything. From the smallest thing to the larger things. There are a bazillion midges (gnats) in this complex and they know..."
- "I have been renting a 1bed 1bath apartment for 3 1/2 yrs and my first time and worst experience I've ever dealt with, very bad company pama management apartments. The..."
- "I have only lived at Sandpiper for a short period of time however my roommate has lived there a little longer and since our lease isn't up for a few..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I signed up with Comcast in 12/15 thinking all my troubles with internet provides were behind me now ( I previously had Att Uverse). I switched due to the problems..."
- "When I ordered my hot tub cover it took several weeks for me to get it. When I received it was the wrong size and poor quality. The..."
- "I purchased two pairs of lucky jeans last April. They either change manufacturing locations or styles so much its often difficult to reorder the same style. So, since I wasn't..."