I've been living in my apartment now for little less then 2 months.When I first moved in, I worked so much that I basically came home just to sleep and then back to work the next morning.
It wasn't until I started spending more time in my apartment that I started noticing that my upstairs, and downstairs neighbors were extremely loud. I would hear everything from screaming, to dogs running back and forth, to even being woken up at 5 am by people running and jumping around. I was so upset that this is what was going on that I started complaining to management and conversed mainly through e-mail. My mother, who was staying with me, complained that when I would go to work during the day, she would hear these loud noises all day long.
We both walked downstairs and spoke with the property manager Tricia. She assured us that she would send letters to the neighbors and if the issue wasn't resolved, they would be evicted. Now 7 weeks in and countless e-mails back and forth between tricia and myself and the situation is still NOT resolved. Management blamed me and told me I was to "sensitive to noise".
I'm from NEW YORK, I know what noise is, and I know that your neighbors and management should have some sort of respect for others, especially with the amount of money that I pay for a 1 bedroom apartment. Having said that I think its best to move, as management has completely let me down. This is supposed to be "luxury living", and instead I moved into an apartment with dirty carpet, black buildup in my sinks, and loud neighbors who because they've lived here longer then I have, are now running the show. As I sit here at 10:45 pm, sleepy and angry as *** that I have to get up for work in a couple of hours and I can't sleep, my upstairs neighbors are banging and stomping around.
I've gone upstairs, knocked on their door, but they don't answer.
What else is a tenant to do, when not only management but your fellow neighbors have no consideration for others.
The picture attached is what my mom and I found in my sink drain shortly after I moved in.If you appreciate black hair mixed with god knows what coming up from the drain as your brushing your teeth, then feel free to live here!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- break my lease, and give me back my security deposit. 7 weeks living here is punishment enough
- Product or service
- Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I recently sold our second house in 3 years through Keller Williams. The first time went pretty good, with the exception we felt at times our realtors..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "Moss motto 'Your home is our business' should be follow by 'It will cost you until you leave' because your home is clearly not yours but theirs & you are..."
- "At first glance when I received the cargo mat for my Nissan Maxima, I wasn't certain what I was receiving the correct product, but after I placed the rubber mats..."
- "I bought sequoia coffee table 7 months ago , and it came damaged, where I had to call the customer service many many times before they responded, I even asked..."
- "My car was vandelized, someone smashed the glass moonroof part where wind deflector is and bent the frame....husband works for Toyota also, toyota shop sent an estimate to them total..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."